Milk, Blood Sweat and Tears

It's like the dairy version of Black Sheep: here in Germany, calves are dropping dead from mysterious blood sweats. The blood sweats occurred only on farms where the mother cows were given a vaccine against blue tongue disease. A causal link between the vaccine and the disease has not been proven. The vaccine has been mandatory for cattle in Germany for about a year, though some organic farmers have chosen not to abide by the law.

Me, I'm willing to hedge my bets and consume a little milk & cheese (even after hearing the alarmist claims by British nutritionist Patrick Holford that milk consumption is linked to increased cancer risk). But since reading about the blood sweat scare the other week, I'm trying to stick to organic milk products.
I like gruyere, but I don't dig gruesome.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum