The Infinite Wisdom of Julia Child

Hock's mum told me that when he was a little boy he would run home from school to watch Julia Child.....Bless!

julia-childZ.jpg

Anyway, last night during an extremely late night surfing session I found some great quotes from Julia. Not just about food but about life, love and pancakes.

"Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake."

"You must have discipline to have fun."

"I'm awfully sorry for people who are taken in by all of today's dietary mumbo jumbo. They are not getting any enjoyment out of their food."

"Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health."

"The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're right if you love to be with them all the time."

"Fat gives things flavor."

"I don't think about whether people will remember me or not. I've been an okay person. I've learned a lot. I've taught people a thing or two. That's what's important."

"I think the inner person is the most important.... I would like to see an invention that keeps the mind alert. That's what is important."

"It's fun to get together and have something good to eat at least once a day. That's what human life is all about -- enjoying thing"

"If you're in a good profession, it's hard to get bored, because you're never finished -- there will always be work you haven't done."

"Tears mess up your makeup."

"The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It's doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile. I think of my strawberry souffle. I did that at least twenty-eight times before I finally conquered it."

"The problem with the world right now is that we don't have any politicians like Roosevelt or Churchill to give us meaning and depth. We don't have anyone who's speaking for the great and the true and the noble. What we need now is a heroic type, someone who could rally the people to higher deeds. I don't know what's to become of us."

1 comments:

    I like the last two the best hehe, also the pancake one is amazing!

    Looks like she's making a terrine in that photo...

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum