Home Cooking Review: Ribollata

Ribollata

I used the River Cafe cook book as a basic guide for this.

Soaked white beans over night and removed their skins.

Cooked white beans in simmering water for about an hour with whole head of garlic and old herbs (thyme, marjoram)

Sauteed onion, garlic, carrot and celery, flat leaf parsley and added canned tomato and simmered. Added beans, some mushed up some whole. Added lots of salt and pepper and then torn up old bread.

Served.

When I went to eat it I realised that the soup is both delicious, with the bread adding a creamy texture, but it was also entirely vegan friendly. Definitely hearty food for tough times

2 comments:

    I make something similar to this, but follow this recipe (http://www.saveur.com/article/Food/Tuscan-Style-White-Beans) which employs small white beans and sage--something that goes very well with white beans. I also like to add sausage.

    Actually I guess it's not that similar. But still good.

     

    Now I remember, I cook the beans according to the previous recipe, then do this: http://www.saveur.com/article/Food/White-Beans-in-Herbed-Tomato-Sauce-with-Fresh-Sausages.

    Very different than your dish. But very good!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum