Thai Food Aficionado Outed

He may by all appearances to be obsessed with Thai food, however Austin Bush, of Real Thai fame (now Austin Bush Photography Food Blog) and a close pal of David Thompson secretly whips up Italian comfort food at home just like the rest of us.

I know he just sent me photos of his dinner.

Swiss Chard Frittata
_DSC1067

Grilled Eggplant Pasta
_DSC1074

Austin says "The chard fritatta was actually really nice. The pasta simple, but good too. I think I'm going to make just about everything in that Bittman piece soon."

This from a man that stares at me blankly when I say I can't eat Thai food for every meal. It does look yummy though

2 comments:

    OK, you got me... But the risk of sounding pedantic, I'd hesitate calling this comfort food, at least in my case, as I never even set eyes on this sort of stuff until I was in university and working part time at an upscale Italian restaurant in Eugene, Oregon.

    Comfort food for me now would inevitably mean something with lots of chili... But if I think back to growing up, I reckon it would have to be Tex/Mex-style food, such as the tamales my dad and I make when I go home. Mmmm...

     

    yeah yeah, chili is your comfort food, mine is vegemite on toast or chinese rice porridge...bland and salty mmmm

    I am the latest unfortunate victim of the sore throat/ cough thing. Hock's is almost over. Bums

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum