Tamagozake

Because I don't want you to think of me as all death and bottom jokes here is a slightly serious recipe

I'm teetering on the verge of a cold. Having a cold in the tropics feels all wrong. When I lived in Siem Reap, Cambodia my friendly local Japanese restaurant owner made me this. It's yummy, alcholic and just the thing for a cold.

Tamago-zake common cold remedy for adults

INGREDIENTS:
• One egg
• 3/4 cup sake
• 1 tbsp sugar or honey

PREPARATION:
Pour sake in a cup and heat in a microwave. Mix an egg and sugar well. Add the egg mixture in the hot sake.

*Makes 1 serving.

3 comments:

    sounds good, does the egg cook or stay raw?

     

    it is yum

     
    On 12 September 2008 at 16:35 Anonymous said...

    the egg cooks. so, it is important to heat the sake in the micro for 1:30-2:00.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum